- School Health Ambassador Initiative has been launched as a part of Ayushman Bharat.
Enrich Your Learning:
School Health Ambassador Initiative
- The central Government launched the School Health Ambassador Initiativeon February 12, 2020 to spread awareness about the preventive health aspects.
- Under the initiative, two teachers will be identified in every government school as ‘health and wellness ambassadors’.
- The initiative has been launched as a part of Ayushman Bharat.
- It will be jointly run by the Union ministries of Health and Human Resources Development.
- The initiative will be linked with other government initiativessuch as the Eat Right campaign, Fit India movement and Poshan Abhiyaan for the overall development of children’s health.
- Two teachers will be selected as “health and wellness ambassadors” in every government school to raise awareness about preventive health aspects.
- These ambassadors will receive support from class monitors, who will serve as “Health and Wellness Messengers”.
- The health and wellness ambassadors will spread awareness regarding preventive health by organizing culturally sensitive activity sessions for one hour every week for 24 weeks in a year to promote joyful learning.
- The NCERT has constituteda National Resource Group (NRG) comprising 40 members who have sound training skills and experience in adolescent health. The NRG will then train the state resource group.