- Pradhan Mantri Yuva (Yuva Udyamita Vikas Abhiyan) Yojana was launched in India to scale up an ecosystem of entrepreneurship for youngsters.
Enrich Your Learning:
Pradhan Mantri YUVA Yojana (Yuva Udyamita Vikas Abhiyan)
- The Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched the Pradhan Mantri YUVA Yojana to boost up an ecosystem of entrepreneurship for young people.
- The scheme was launched for the time period of over five years (2016-17 to 2020-21) with a project cost of 499.94 crore rupees.
- It will offer entrepreneurship education and training to around 7 lakh students in 5 years through 3050 Institutes.
- It will also offer easy access to information and mentor network, credit and advocacy to build a way-out for the youngsters.
- The institutes under the Yojana include 2200 Institutes of Higher Learning (colleges, universities, and premier institutes), 300 schools, 500 ITIs and 50 Entrepreneurship Development Centres.
- These institutes will carry out the training through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).