Sela Tunnel; Forest Rights Act, 2006; Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) facility; Mega Food Park Scheme; Nirbhaya fund; Open Acreage Licensing Policy (OALP); Hydrocarbon Exploration & Licensing Policy (HELP); ‘DD Arunprabha’; Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)’; Helina-Anti Tank Missile; Mobile-App e-Cocoon; Voter Verification and Information Programme (VVIP); etc.
Eligibility to become World Bank President; Ladakh gets divisional status; Citizenship Amendment Bill, 2019; 6th schedule of the constitution of India; North- east autonomous administrative divisions; Exercise Cutlass Express 2019; INS Trikand; Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR); What is ramjet? 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the Convention on the conservation of migratory species of wild animals (CMS); Migratory species; Generalised System of Preferences (GSP); International IP Index; Asiatic Lions; etc.
My Favourite Articles
- Your favorites will be here.
- August 17, 2019[Editorial Notes] Rains apart, blame the dams for floods
Dams that span decades, experience differential settlement of foundation, clog of filters, increase of uplift pressures, reduction in freeboard, cracks in the dam core, erosion of earthen slopes, and deformation of dam body itself increases the adverse impacts of floods.Read Story
- August 17, 2019Day#21 Current Affairs Flash Cards [PRELIMS 2020]
Dugong; Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park; Inner Line Permit (ILP); Kharnaks- a nomadic tribe; Budj Bim; Prosecco Hills; ‘Operation Sudarshan’;Read Story
- August 17, 2019Prelims 2020 Current Affairs Quiz Day#21
‘Garuda VI’ bilateral air exercise; Base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS); Multilateral Convention (MLI) to Implement Tax Treaty Related Measures to BEPS OR ‘BEPS Project’; Leaders of Opposition; Jagannath Rath Yatra;titan planet:Read Story
- August 16, 2019Criminal Justice System: Why the wheels of justice turn ever slower in India? [Mains Article]
Today India needs a strong and independent judiciary for the growth of India. A speedy and efficient system is the very sine qua non of society, however, Indian judiciary has become very slow and inefficient. Besides, our laws and their interpretation has led to enormous misery for the litigants and forced people to look for other alternatives.Read Story
- Today India needs a strong and independent judiciary for the growth of India. A speedy and efficient system is the very sine qua non of society, however, Indian judiciary has become very slow and inefficient. Besides, our laws and their interpretation has led to enormous misery for the litigants and forced people to look for other alternatives.Read Story
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI); Report of the Competition Law Review Committee; Competition Act,2002; Competition Commission of India (CCI); Competition Appellate Tribunal; What is the J&K Public Safety Act (PSA)? First-ever global assessment of forest biodiversity; CORAS (Commandos For Railway Security) for Indian Railways; What is a global recession? What is a notifiable disease? US Endangered Species Act; New species of marmoset; New species of ‘flying’ monkeys; 'Golden Butterfly'; etc.Read Story
- Today only about 27,000 wild elephants remain in India, as opposed to a million a decade ago. There has been a 98 per cent decrease in their population. Conservation and welfare of elephants in India provides us with a critical lens to develop holistic policies that work both for humans as well as animals.Read Story