Answer: North Eastern Council (NEC).
Enrich Your Learning:
North East Regional Bamboo Mission (NERBaM):
- It was launched by the North Eastern Council (NEC).
- Objective of poverty alleviation and saving forests.
- Implementing Agency: CBTC (Cane and Bamboo Technology Centre)
- Bamboo Festival, popularly called Bamfest under the NERBaM has planned to hold exhibitions in every State Capital of the North East.
- It has impacted in the way of setting up of Common Facility Centres, Bamboo Housing, Bamboo Products Enterprises, Bamboo Technology Parks and Incubation Centres.
Cane and Bamboo Technology Centre:
- Originated in 2000 as part of Cane and Bamboo Technological Upgradation and Networking Programme of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Cane & Bamboo Technology Centre was born to help the Northeast and East bank on bamboo.
- CBTC is working towards promotion of cane and bamboo technology in the North East Region.
- It promotes bamboo as one of the prime natural material for the development of economy, generation of employment and protection of environment in this region.
- CBTC is a nodal institution for bamboo technology and skills development.
- It has been offering technology development services in the region through consultancy and training courses to industries/entrepreneurs and other groups.