MyGov is a citizen engagement platform to promote the active participation of Indian citizens in country’s governance and development.
Enrich Your Learning:
MyGoa Citizen Engagement Platform:
Why in news?
- CM of Goa launched the MyGov Goaportal, making Goa join the MyGov Citizen Engagement Platform for enabling participative governance.
- MyGov platform is designed, developed and hosted by National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
- It is aimed at creating a common platform for Indian citizens to crowdsource governance ideas from citizens.
- The major attributes of MyGov includes Discussion, Tasks, Talks, Polls and Blogs on various groups based on the diverse governance and public policy issues.
- MyGov user base has expanded to more than 25 Crores.
- MyGov has also recently launched its channels on new age Apps like Sharechat and Roposo.
- 12 states had already launched their MyGov platforms State Instance: Maharashtra, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Nagaland, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.