- The Sharda Prasad committee was constituted by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Enrich Your Learning:
Sharda Prasad Committee
In 2016, the Government of India formed the Sharada Prasad Committee to rationalise the Sector Skill Councils (SSCs), which are employer bodies mostly promoted by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry, the Confederation of Indian Industry and other industry associations, and improve ‘Skill India’.
- Sharada Prasad Committee was constituted to Review, Rationalize and Optimize the Functioning of Sector Skill Councils.
- The committee submitted its report in 2016.
Significance of the report:
- It is the first Committee to look at the National Vocational Education and Training System in a holistic manner since 1952.
Objectives of the committee:
- Meet the exact skill needs of the industry.
- Provide relevant skills and decent means of livelihood to each youth entering the labour market; and
- Design a holistic and credible skill development system which could meet skills needs of the domestic industry and realize the vision of our Prime Minister to make India as the Skills capital of the World.