- Izmir International Fair is organized by Turkey.
Enrich Your Learning:
Izmir International Fair 2018
Izmir International Fair, the first and the most comprehensive commercial fair of Turkey organized 87 years ago despite war, famine and crises.
- The 87th Izmir International tradeshow was held in Izmir – the third most populous city in Turkey, after Istanbul and Ankara.
- India is the Partner Country in the 87th Izmir International tradeshow.
- In this tradeshow, India launched a mega business pavilion ‘Source India’ hosting 75 Indian companies with the aim of tie-ups in order to increase India’s exports to Turkey and other neighboring countries.
- This is part of a series of Source India pavilions that the Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) is hosting in important tradeshows across the world for boosting India’s exports.
About Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI)
- TPCI is an apex trade and investment promotion organization notified in the Foreign Trade Policy.
- TPCI is the trade and investment promotion organization of the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce &Industry, Government of India, and works to open new areas for co-operation in trade and investment between India and rest of the world.
- To accelerate India’s global trade through advanced research and trade promotion.
- Advanced Trade Research: – Supporting India’s trade policy and economic diplomacy through research.
- Trade Promotion: – Exploring international trade opportunities in untapped markets and promoting new exporters.
- Trade Facilitation: – Identifying bottlenecks and bridging the gap between industry and authority by continuous interaction.
- Investment Promotion: – Exploring scope and facilitating investment in potential business and sectors.