After Assam, Nagaland government announced to set up a register of indigenous inhabitants.
Enrich Your Learning:
Register of Indigenous Inhabitants of Nagaland (RIIN)
- The Nagaland government will prepare a register of all the indigenous inhabitants of the state.
- The aim to prepare RIIN is to prevent fake indigenous inhabitants’ certificates. It will prevent issuance of indigenous inhabitant certificates to ineligible persons.
- Only those persons who names will figure in the RIIN will be issued indigenous inhabitant certificate.
- The preparation of RIIN was started from July 10, 2019 to be completed in 60 days.
- The RIIN will be the master list of all indigenous inhabitants of the state.
- The database will note each family’s original residence, current residence as well as the concerned Aadhaar numbers.
- The provisional lists prepared would be published in the villages and wards, as well as on the website of the district and the state government on September 11.
- After finalization, each indigenous inhabitant will be given a unique ID.
- All indigenous inhabitants of the state would be issued a barcoded and numbered Indigenous Inhabitant Certificate.
- The process will be conducted across Nagaland and will be done as part of the online system of Inner Line Permit (ILP), currently in force in Nagaland.
- In case anyone who is left out of the RIIN, he/she will need to file an application before Home Commissioner who will get the matter verified and take necessary action for updating the RIIN if needed.