- The mandate of Pharmexcil is to promote Pharmaceuticals exports and is playing the role of a facilitator in promoting exports of pharmaceutical products.
Enrich Your Learning:
- Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council of India (Pharmexcil) was set up by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry in 2004.
Products and services falling under purview of Pharmexcil
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API)
- Finished Dosage Forms (FDF)
- Herbal/ Ayurveda
- Collaborative Research
- Contract Manufacturing
- Clinical Trials & Consultancy
- Regulatory Services
- India’s pharmaceutical exports are expected to cross $20 billion by 2020.
- India’s pharma exports grew 2.91% to $17.27 billion in 2017-18.
- India’s pharma exports to the US and North America, which contribute to over 30% of the country’s outbound shipments, dropped in 2017-18.