Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).
Enrich Your Learning:
Advance Knowledge & RUral Technology Implementation (AKRUTI)
- AKRUTI is an acronym for Advanced Knowledge and Rural Technology Implementation initiative.
- Department of Atomic Energy has launched DAE- Societal Initiative for utilization of Non-Power Applications (NPAs) and spin off technologies in the area of water, agriculture, food processing and agri-land improvement through urban and rural waste management.
- Within this framework, the structured programme called ‘AKRUTI-KRUTIK-FORCE’ has been formulated by the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).
- Since the inception of this programme, it is popularly known as AKRUTI programme.
- It is implemented through technically oriented NGOs for techno-economic growth of the rural sector, as one of the many schemes experienced for large scale deployment of BARC technologies as the 4th key driver of major programmes of department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and vision of NITI Aayog for social outreach and awareness.
- This programme has potential to encourage village techno-preneurship based on BARC technologies.
- AKRUTI nodes through NGOS have demonstrated the usefulness of BARC technologies for rural sector leading to societal benefit.