Answer & Enrich Your Learning:
Engineering Exports Promotion Council (EEPC) India is the premier trade and investment promotion organization in India.
- It was set up in 1955 to cater to the Indian engineering sector.
- It is sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
- As an advisory body, it actively contributes to the policies of Government of India and acts as an interface between the engineering industry and the Government.
- It now has a membership base of over 13,000 out of whom 60% are SMEs.
- ‘Engineering the Future’ is the motto of EEPC India and it aims to establish India as a major engineering hub in the future.
Key Objectives of EEPC India
- To support, protect, maintain, increase and promote the exports of engineering goods;
- To keep in constant communication with Chambers of Commerce and other mercantile and public bodies throughout the world with a view to taking appropriate and necessary measures for maintaining or increasing the exports of engineering goods;
- To advise or represent to government, Local Authorities and public bodies on the policies and other measures;
- Upgradation of technology in order to boost India’s engineering exports and establishing synergy between industry and academia;
- To prepare, edit, print, publish, issue, acquire and circulate books, papers, periodicals, gazettes, circulars and other literatures treating or bearing upon industry, trade or commerce, pertaining to engineering goods.
Activities conducted by EEPC India:
EEPC India organizes a large number of promotional activities such as
- Buyer-seller meets (BSM) – both in India and abroad,
- Overseas trade fairs/exhibitions,
- India pavilion/information booths in selected overseas exhibitions to demonstrate the capabilities of Indian engineering industry, and
- To provide the overseas buyers with true value as propagated by Brand India.
- India Engineering Exhibition (INDEE) is EEPC India’s own brand and is one of the largest expositions of engineering in the world.
- It facilitates sourcing from India and boosts the SMEs to raise their standard at par with the international best practices and integrate their business to global value chain and partnership.
- It organizes International Engineering Sourcing Show (IESS), the largest display of engineering products and services every year, for building global partnerships.