Answer & Enrich Your Learning:
About National Career Services:
- National Career Service (NCS) project is an initiative launched by the Ministry of Labour and Employment (India) Government of India as a Mission Mode Project for establishing quick and efficient career related services.
- It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015 as part of government’s focus on providing right skills and generating employment.
- A National ICT based portal (www.ncs.gov.in) is developed primarily to connect the opportunities with the aspirations of youth. This portal facilitates registration of job seekers, job providers, skill providers, career counsellors, etc.
- National Career Service is one of the mission mode projects under the umbrella of E-Governance Plan.
- It works towards bridging the gap between job-seekers and employers, candidates seeking training and career guidance and agencies providing training and career counselling by transforming the National Employment Service.
- It brings together all stakeholders like job seekers, employers, counsellors, trainers and private placement agencies to facilitate convergence of information and create synergies through these associations.
- NCS provides a host of career-related services such as dynamic job matching, career counselling, job notifications, vocational guidance, information on skill development courses, internships and alike.
The focus areas for the National Career Service platform are listed below:
- Enhancing career and employment opportunities
- Counselling and guidance for career development
- Focusing on decent employment
- Enhancing female labour force participation
- Encouraging entrepreneurial endeavours
The main stakeholders for the NCS would include:
- Unemployed candidates seeking jobs
- Students seeking career counselling
- Candidates seeking vocational / occupational guidance
- Illiterate, under-privileged sections of society, blue-collar workers seeking placements and guidance
- Person with different abilities (PWDs), ex-servicemen, veterans / senior citizens, etc.
- Employers seeking suitable candidates