About Market Development Assistance (MDA) Scheme:
- A Market Development Assistance Scheme is operated by the Ministry of Commerce.
- It aims to encourage exporters (including MSME exporters) to access and develop overseas markets.
- The scheme offers funding for participation in international fairs, study tours abroad, trade delegations, publicity, etc.
- In this scheme the Export Promotion Council (EPCs) are also assisted to undertake export promotion activities for their product(s) and commodities.
- Direct assistance under MDA for small- scale units is given for individual sales-cum-study tours, participation in fairs/exhibitions and publicity.
- SIDBI operates a scheme of direct assistance for financing activities relating to marketing of MSME products.
- The scheme shall be implemented by the Export Promotion and Marketing Division of the Office of DC (MSME).
- The Office of DC (MSME) has an existing scheme for participation in international fairs, whereby MSME entrepreneurs are encouraged to display their products at international exhibitions abroad.
- MSME-DO provides exhibition space and shipment of exhibits ex-Mumbai free of cost for this purpose.
- To encourage Small & Micro exporters in their efforts at tapping and developing overseas markets.
- To increase participation of representatives of small/ micro manufacturing enterprises under MSME India stall at International Trade Fairs/ Exhibitions.
- To enhance export from the small/ micro manufacturing enterprises
- To popularise the adoption of Bar Coding on a large scale.
Activities of the scheme:
- Assist exporters for export promotion activities abroad
- Assist Export Promotion Councils (EPCs) to undertake export promotion activities for their product(s) and commodities
- Assist approved organizations/trade bodies in undertaking exclusive nonrecurring innovative activities connected with export promotion efforts for their members
- Assist Focus export promotion programmes in specific regions abroad like FOCUS (LAC), Focus (Africa), Focus (CIS) and Focus (ASEAN + 2) programmes.
- Residual essential activities connected with marketing promotion efforts abroad.
Funding provided by the scheme:
The scheme offers funding for:
- Participation by manufacturing Small & Micro Enterprises in International Trade Fairs/ Exhibitions under MSME India stall.
- Sector specific market studies by Industry Associations/ Export Promotion Councils/ Federation of Indian Export Organisation.
- Initiating/ contesting anti-dumping cases by MSME Associations and
- Reimbursement of 75% of one-time registration fee (w.e.f. 1st January 2002) and 75% of annual fees (recurring) (w.e.f. 1st June 2007) paid to GSI (Formerly EAN India) by Small & Micro units for the first three years for bar code.