About UMANG app:
- Umang is also known as Unified Mobile Application.
- It aims to encourage more people to adopt digital payment transactions in the country.
- It provides people access to more than 100 services, from both the state and central government.
- The government aims to promote e-governance and adopt a new-age governance policy as part of Digital India initiative.
- Umang has been developed by the National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- This e-governance application can also be used from other channels such as through the web, SMS, or IVR.
Services provided by the app:
It is a unified application that can be used to avail a number of pan India e-government services such as:
- Filing income tax,
- Employee’s Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) services
- e-Dhara Land Records,
- Digi Seva,
- Crop Insurance,
- Pharma Sahi Daam,
- Driving licence,
- Booking a gas cylinder,
- Passport Seva, etc.