Yes. India does. India recently got successfully tested indigenously developed low weight, fire and forget MPATGM in the ranges of Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
Enrich Your Learning:
‘Man-Portable Antitank Guided Missile (MP-ATGM)’
- Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MP-ATGM) system are shoulder-launched anti-tank rockets.
- It is an Indian third-generation Anti-tank guided missile derived from the Nag missile.
- It is a low weight, fire-and-forget Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM).
- They are typically unguided weapons and are a threat to armoured vehicles, low-flying aircraft, and field fortifications.
- Recently, DRDO successfully flight tested indigenously developed low weight, fire and forget MPATGM in the ranges of Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
- The missile met all the objectives and hit the target in top attack mode and destroyed it with precision.
- The missile was launched with state-of-the-art infrared imaging seeker along with advanced avionics.