Global Pension Index is published by the Australian Centre for Financial Studies (ACFS) in collaboration with Mercer.
Enrich Your Learning:
About Global Pension Index:
- Published by the Australian Centre for Financial Studies (ACFS) in collaboration with Mercer. Based on well countries fare on providing pension and retirement benefits to citizens across different income groups. The index covers 37 countries.
- India score rose to 45.8 from 44.6 last year.
32 out 37 countries
33 out of 34 countries
India’s index value increased largely due to the improvement in all three sub-indices of adequacy, sustainability and integrity.
Various Government initiatives like the following, has shown good results.
- For the unorganised sector: Atal Pension Yojana (APY) which is available to all citizens below the age of 40 and Pradhan Mantri Shram-Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM) that covers workers in the unorganized sector with equal contribution by the government.
- PM Karam Yogi Maan-Dhan-scheme for retailers and shop keepers,
- PM Kisan Pension Yojan (PM-KMY) for small and marginal farmers