- What is ‘Electrosmog’?
- How wireless equipment affects human?
- Studied related to radiation hazards:
- Way Forward:
Life in the grip of Electrosmog
For IASToppers’ Editorial Simplified Archive, click here
- Experts warned against the rising pollution levels in the air, water, land, etc. But one invisible pollutant was forgotten is ‘Electrosmog’. In recent future, life on earth will face the deadly adverse effects of electrosmog.
What is ‘Electrosmog’?
- Electrosmog refers to rays that penetrate into the body and prevent optimal cell supply.
- If we are exposed to artificial electromagnetic fields (called electromagnetic smog or electrosmog), these can have a fundamental impact on biological processes in our body with lack of concentration and sleep problems.
- The radiation is a human-made radiation and a pollutant. One cannot see it or smell it and therefore, it is more dangerous. But the cells of the body do feel it and suffer from its ill-effects.
- Wireless equipment like mobile towers, Wi-Fi, tabs and laptops emit electrosmog.
How wireless equipment affects human?
- The frequency of the earth and of humans is the same (7.83 Hz). Therefore, humans are not affected by the earth’s frequency.
- But Mobile phones, antennae of mobile towers, Wi-Fi, cordless phones, tabs and other such wireless equipment work on frequencies ranging from 700 Megahertz (MHz) to 2.8 Gigahertz (GHz).
- The proposed new arrival of 5G is supposed to work on a frequency of 30 GHz to 300 GHz.
- All these very high frequencies cause multiple resonances at a cellular level, causing disturbance in cell-to-cell communication.
- This radiation is silent and invisible, but the cells in the body of living beings are adversely affected by it.
- Humans, plants and animals are very badly affected by constantly rising non-ionising radiation or the electrosmog, as their cells do not know how to react to it.
- The cells of the body consider electrosmog as a stress factor and react accordingly, which manifests as a disease in the body.
Electric Hyper Sensitivity (EHS):
- In EHS, a feeling of ants crawling on the body, skin irritation and burning sensation, skin rash, weakening of the immune system, various allergic reactions, pain, itching and swelling is shown.
- The patient gets perplexed due to these symptoms.
- The affected people suffer from tinnitus in the ear (where the sound originates in the brain), insomnia or lack of sleep due to decrease in secretion of melatonin from the pineal gland in the brain, restlessness, irregular heartbeats.
- Prolonged exposure to non-ionizing radiation causes cancer and infertility.
- The ill-effects of non-ionizing radiation depend on the duration of exposure, the intensity of radiation and the distance from the source of radiation.
In India, there is absence of clear instructions about Electro Magnetic Field’s (EMF) effects.
Why it affects Human body?
- Our body is electric. The heart, brain, and nervous system operate on electrical energy.
- Our body absorbs electromagnetic radiation and becomes positively charged. Therefore, the voltage of the body also rises.
Studied related to radiation hazards:
- It has been reported that electromagnetic radiation has increased by one quintillion (18 zeros on 1) times in the last decade and poses a great danger to life on earth.
- Some mobile companies have also admitted clearly in their literature that electrosmog is a pollutant and the companies are not liable for damages caused by electrosmog from wireless devices.
- Today, the mobile phones of 7.3 billion people on this planet are on. Almost 10 per cent of the global population is suffering from EHS (Electric Hyper Sensitivity).
- International Association for Research on Cancer (IARC), a part of the World Health Organization declared microwave radiation as a Class 2B carcinogenic to humans.
- It has been proven that microwave radiation causes glioma (cancerous tumour of the brain) and acoustic neuroma.
- A study named National Toxicological Program (NTP) by US government showed that non-ionizing radiation from 3G and 4G system exposure caused cancerous brain tumours and heart tumours in rats.
- These tumours were caused at microwave levels, which were much lower than so-called safety standards of the Federal Communications Commission.
- Today, almost the entire human race is under the influence of microwave radiation. The EM Radiation has been revealed as a silent and invisible enemy to all human as well as plants and animals.
- ICMR (Indian Council for Medical Research), New Delhi should focus on the hazardous effects of EMR and should refer protocol of European Academy of Environmental Medicine.
- India should also accept Electrical Hyper Sensitivity as a disease.
- The authorities should make laws that classify electrosmog as a pollutant. Pollution control boards and the National Green Tribunal should be empowered to contain and control this pollution.