- National Academic Depository (NAD) is a digital depository of academic awards for authenticating all certificates issued by institutions.
- NAD is a 24X7 online store house of all academic awards viz. certificates, diplomas, degrees, mark-sheets etc. duly digitised and lodged by academic institutions/boards/eligibility assessment bodies.
- NAD not only ensures easy access to and retrieval of an academic award but also validates and guarantees its authenticity and safe storage.
- It will directly integrate with Boards/Universities which issue Certificates which will be verified, authenticated, accessed and retrieved in a digital depository for purpose of employment, higher education, and loans.
- National Academic Depository comprises of two interoperable digital depositories viz. CDSL Ventures Limited (CVL) and NSDL Database Management Limited (NDML).
- These digital depositories have ensured hardware, network facilities and software of prescribed quality for smooth and secured operationalisation of NAD.
Benefits of NAD:
For academic institutions:
- Permanent and safe record of keeping all academic awards issued;
- No need for issuing duplicate academic awards, students can get it from NAD;
- Effective deterrence to fake and forged paper certificates;
- All academic awards verification needs can be addressed by NAD;
- Efficient, effective and transparent administration.
- Immediate availability of academic awards upon upload by Academic Institution
- Online, permanent record of academic awards
- No risk of losing, spoiling, damaging the academic awards
- Anytime, anywhere and convenient access to academic awards
For verification Users (Employer Companies, Banks etc.)
- Online, quick and reliable verification of academic awards (with prior consent of the student concerned)
- Access to authenticated copy of academic awards
- No risk of fake and forged Certificates.
- Reduction in cost, time and efforts for verification