Answer: Gahirmatha Marine Wildlife Sanctuary, Odisha.
Enrich Your Learning:
Important Marine National Park of India:
Gulf of Kutch Marine National Park:
- It is situated on the southern shore of the Gulf of Kutch in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- It is the first national marine park of India with 42 islands on Jamnagar coast in the Marine National Park.
- Popular islands:Poshitra, Pirotan, Karubhar and Narara.
- Flora and Fauna:Coral Lichen, Sea Slug, Painted Storks, Shelled Mollusks, Octopus. This national park is the 1stmarine wildlife sanctuary and the 1st marine national park in India.
Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park:
- It is a national park of India on the Andaman Islands.
- Most of the coral reefs in the park are fringing reefs and the park is an important breeding ground for turtles.
- It is also Known as Wandoor National Park. Jolly Buoy and Red skin Islands are famous islands out of the 15 islands in this national park. This National park is covered with Tropical Forest.
Gahirmatha Marine Wildlife Sanctuary:
- Gahirmatha is the first and the only marine sanctuary of Orissa, number of marvellous creatures including Olive Ridley sea turtles migrate here in huge numbers.
- Gahirmatha Beach separates the Bhitarkanika Mangroves from the Bay of Bengal and is the world’s most important nesting beach for Olive Ridley Sea Turtles.
Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park:
- It consists of 21 small islands and coral reefs in the Gulf of Mannar in the Indian Ocean of Tamil Nadu.
- The park has a high diversity of plants and animals in its marine and shore habitats.
- Dugong (Sea Cow), a vulnerable marine mammal is also found here.
Malvan Marine Wildlife Sanctuary:
- It is the only marine sanctuary located in Malvan Taluka of Sindhudurg district in Konkan region of Maharashtra.
- The Malvan Wildlife Sanctuary includes Padamged Island and other submerged rocky structures.
- It is rich in Salt that is why named as Malvan.