Answer: GUJARAT: Sedimentary Structures – Eddy Markings, Kadan Dam, Panch Mahals Dist.
Enrich Your Learning:
National Geo-Heritage sites in India:
Geological Survey of India (GSI) declares geo-heritage sites/ national geological monuments for protection and maintenance.
State-wise details of the geological heritage sites/ national geological monuments:
- Volcanogenic bedded Barytes, Mangampeta, Cuddapah Dist.
- Eparchaean Unconformity, Chittor Dist.
- Natural Geological Arch, Tirumala Hills, Chittor Dist.
- Erra Matti Dibbalu- the dissected and stabilized coastal red sediment mounds located between Vishakhapatnam and Bhimunipatnam.
- Laterite near Angadipuram PWD rest house premises, Malapuram Dist.
- Varkala Cliff Section, Thiruvanatapuram Dist.
- Fossil wood near Tiruvakkarai, South Arcot Dist.
- National fossil wood park, Sattanur, Tiruchirapalli Dist.
- Charnockite, St. Thomas Mount, Madras
- Badlands of Karai Formation with Cretaceous fossils along Karai – Kulakkalnattam Section, Perambalur District.
- Sendra Granite, Pali Dist.
- Barr Conglomerate, Pali Dist.
- Stromatolite Fossil Park, Jharmarkotra Rock Phosphate deposit, Udaipur Dist.
- Gossan in Rajpura-Dariba Mineralised belt, Udaipur Dist.
- Stromatolite Park near Bhojunda, Chittaurgarh Dist.
- Akal Fossil Wood Park, Jaisalmer Dist.
- Kishangarh Nepheline Syenite, Ajmer Dist.
- Welded Tuff, Jodhpur Dist.
- Jodhpur Group – Malani Igneous Suite Contact, Jodhpur Dist.
- Great Boundary Fault at Satur, Bundi Dist.
- Lonar Lake, Buldana Dist.
- Lower Permian Marine bed at Manendragarh, Surguja Dist.
- Columnar Lava, St Mary Island Udupi Dist.
- Pillow lavas near Mardihalli, Chitradurga Dist.
- Peninsular Gneiss, Lalbagh, Banglore
- Pyroclastics & Pillow lavas, Kolar Gold fields, Kolar Dist.
- Siwalik Fossil Park, Saketi, Sirmur.
- Pillow Lava in lron ore belt at Nomira, Keonjhar dist.
- Plant Fossil bearing Inter-trappean beds of Rajmahal Formation, upper Gondwana sequence around Mandro, Sahibganj dist.
- Nagahill Ophiolite Site near Pungro.
- Stromatolite bearing Dolomite / Limestone of Buxa Formation at Mamley, near Namchi, South district.