- River Godavari flows through Papikonda National Park.
Enrich Your Learning:
Papikonda National Park
Papikonda National Park, declared as a national park in 2008, is located in Andhra Pradesh.
What are the key Habitats found in Papikonda National Park?
Southern Tropical Secondary Dry Deciduous Forest, Southern Secondary Moist Mixed Deciduous Forest, Semi-evergreen Rain Forest, Dry Savannah
What are the key Flora and Fauna?
Flora includes: Moist deciduous type of trees dominates the landscape, for example, Pterocarpus marsupium, Terminalia elliptica, Terminalia arjuna, etc.
Fauna like Carnivores includes Tiger, Leopard, Leopard Cat, Rusty-spotted Cat, Asiatic Wild Dog or Dhole can be found here.
What are the Major Threats to the Park?
Forest encroachment, Hunting, Dam building, Mining, forest fires, Invasive species, Naxalites and among others.
- River Godavari flows through this national park.
- The park is an Important Bird and Biodiversity Area.
- Several indigenous tribes such as the Konda Reddi, Konda Dora, and Koya are present in the area.
- A butterfly species survey would be undertaken in this national park. The diversity of butterfly species would be considered as a health indicator of the national park.