Government Schemes & Policies
- Khelo India University Games
Also in News
- ASKDISHA chatbot
[Note: Today’s PIB Daily News are already covered in Today’s Current Affairs Analysis. This PIB News Analysis news are only for those who wants to get only PIB news]
For IASToppers Current Affairs Analysis Archive, Click Here
For IASToppers’ PIB Daily Archive, Click Here
Government Schemes & Policies
Khelo India University Games
The first-ever Khelo India University Games will take off in Odisha with a mega launch event at the Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium, Cuttack on February 22, 2020.
- The attempt is to make the Khelo India University Games an aspirational competition for India’s youngsters with twin objectives of helping them find the balance between sports and education.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will declare open the multi-disciplinary sporting event through video conference.
- The Khelo India University Games are being launched by the Government of India in association with the Government of the State of Odisha.
- The Games will be held from 22 February to 1st March 2020 at Bhubaneswar.
- This is the largest ever competition held at university level in India and will have about 3500 athletes from over 150 universities across the country taking part in it.
- There will be a total of 17 sports namely archery, athletics, boxing, fencing, judo, swimming, weightlifting, wrestling, badminton, basketball, football, hockey, table tennis, tennis, volleyball, rugby and kabaddi.
Khelo India programme:
- Khelo India Programmeis a brain child of the PM ModiKhelo and a national schemefor the development of sports in India.
- It was launched in the year 2018 and is an initiative of Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- It was introduced to revive the sports culture in Indiaat the grass-root level by building a strong framework for all sports played in the country and establish India as a great sporting nation.
- It is a Central Sector Scheme with 100% funding by the union government.
- It is a Pan India Sports Scholarship scheme that annually covers 1000most deserving and talented athletes across the sports discipline.
- The Talent Search and Development vertical of Khelo India scheme provides for grant of financial assistance of Rs. 5 lakhs per annum for a period of 8 consecutiveyears for selected sportspersons.
Also in News
In order to resolve queries of railway passengers over the internet pertaining to various services offered, Indian Railways had introduced the services of Artificial Intelligence based ASKDISHA chatbot.
- It was launched in October 2018 for the benefit of the users of the ticketing website www.irctc.co.in and tourism website www.irctctourism.com of its PSU, Indian Railways Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC).
- The interactions with the chatbot are forseeking help on reservation of tickets, cancellation, enquiry of refund status, fare, PNR search, train running status, enquiry about retiring rooms and tourism products.
- The ASKDISHA Chatbot was initially launched in English language but in order to further enhance the customer services rendered and to further strengthen the services of the chatbot, IRCTC has now powered voice enabled ASKDISHA to converse with customers in Hindi language also in the e-ticketing site www.irctc.co.in.
- The customers can now ask queries to ASKDISHA in Hindi language by voice as well as text.
- On an average, around three thousand enquiries are being handled by ASKDISHA in Hindi language on daily basis and the figure is increasing day by day which also shows the acceptability of the new feature by the customer.
- IRCTC plans to launch ASKDISHA in more languages along with many other additional features in the near future.
What is a chatbot?
- The chatbot is a special computer programmedesigned to simulate conversation with users, especially over the internet.
- The first-of-its-kind initiative by IRCTC is aimed at facilitating accessibility by answering users’ queries pertaining to various services offered to railway passengers.
- Since its initial launch, more than 150 million passengers have been benefited by ASKDISHA with 10 billion.