Key Facts for Prelims
- India Participates in Thessaloniki International Fair in Greece
- Recipients of Visitor’s Awards 2019 announced
- ANGAN’- A three-day international Conference begins in New Delhi
[Note: Today’s PIB Daily News are already covered in Today’s Current Affairs Analysis. This PIB News Analysis news are only for those who wants to get only PIB news]
For IASToppers Current Affairs Analysis Archive, Click Here
For IASToppers’ PIB Daily Archive, Click Here
Key Facts for Prelims
India Participates in Thessaloniki International Fair in Greece
- An Indian delegation participated in the 84th Thessaloniki International Fair (TIF) in Greece recently.
- India has reached the 52nd place in the Global Innovation Index 2019
Recipients of Visitor’s Awards 2019 announced
Recipients of Visitor’s Awards 2019 was announced by the President’s Secretariat.
- 2019 Visitor’s Awards will be presented for Research in – Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences; Physical Sciences; and Biological Sciences – and for Technology Development.
ABOUT VISITOR’S AWARDS
- The Visitor’s Awards had been instituted in 2014 to promote healthy competition amongst Central Universities and motivate them to adopt best practices from around the world in pursuit of excellence.
- Since then, the President annually confers Visitor’s Awards in various categories.
ANGAN’- A three-day international Conference begins in New Delhi
An international conference ANGAN (Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat) focussed on Energy Efficiency in Building Sector began in Delhi.
ABOUT ANGAN (AUGMENTING NATURE BY GREEN AFFORDABLE NEW-HABITAT) CONFERENCE
- It was organised by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power in collaboration with GIZ under the Indo German Technical Cooperation.
- Due to lack of awareness about latest technologies, financial assistance etc. efforts on energy efficiency have been moderate and therefore require greater push. This event aims to provide thrust in this direction so as to address such challenges faced by the stakeholders.
ABOUT BUREAU OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY (BEE)
- BEE was set up under the Ministry of Power in March 2002 under the provisions of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001.
- Its mission is to assist in developing policies and strategies with a thrust on self-regulation and market principles, within the overall framework of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001 with the primary objective of reducing energy intensity of the Indian economy.