- Petrol, diesel prices to be fixed daily
- Growing apples in the tropics
- Global interest in PSLV soars
- Poll panel throws open challenge to hack EVMs
- National Lok Adalat settles over 6 lakh cases in one day
- Aadhaar robust; the poor have no complaints about it
- Panel to suggest norms for Bitcoins, virtual currencies
- Hold fiscal deficit at 3% till FY20, says N.K. Singh panel
Pilot scheme likely to be launched in five cities from May 1, to be gradually extended all over country
Apple cultivation isn’t something one expects to see in the tropics. But in the hills of north Telangana, an experiment to change that is, literally, bearing fruit.
The Indian PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) space vehicle has received more than double its normal share of inquiries from prospective customers ever since it launched a record 104 satellites in a single flight in February.
To all those alleging that the EVMs used by the Election Commission were tampered with in the recent Assembly elections or that they could be hacked, the electoral body has thrown an open challenge asking them to prove the allegations.
They include matrimonial disputes, partition suits, cheque bounce cases, motor accident claims
Minister says the Centre is enforcing UID under a proper mandate of law with due regard to privacy and confidentiality
The committee will also include experts from the RBI, the central government’s think tank NITI Aayog and State Bank of India.
The Centre can take a pause on the fiscal consolidation front over the next three years by maintaining a fiscal deficit to GDP ratio of 3% till 2019-20, the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM) Review Committee chaired by former Revenue Secretary N.K. Singh has recommended.