- Why force people to get Aadhaar, SC asks Centre
- India, EU discuss next summit
- Navy test-fires land attack variant of BrahMos missile
- Centre does not care for widows, says SC
- Ease BHIM refund process, IT Minister Prasad tells NPCI
- Service charge not mandatory; govt issues guidelines
The Supreme Court questioned the Centre’s logic to make Aadhaar card mandatory for filing income tax returns, asking whether this would act as a remedy to end the generation of fake Permanent Account Number (PAN) and ration cards.
India and the European Union firmed up plans for holding the 14th bilateral summit to be held in India later this year.
It enables vessels to neutralise selected targets deep inland
In a stinging remark, the Supreme Court said when it passes some directions, it is claimed that the courts are “trying to run the government”, which does not want to act.
IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has instructed National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to smoothen the refund mechanism for BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) application.
Service charge on hotel and restaurant bills is “totally voluntary” and not mandatory, Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan said after the government approved guidelines on service charge.