- Aadhaar-PAN linkage meant to plug tax leaks, says SC
- A shrinking home for endemic birds
- ‘Govt. school teachers often away on duty’
- High Court spells out steps to stop pollution in Dal Lake
- SC pulls up States on food panels
- Doctors wary as Centre pushes for generic drugs
- Farm incomes not to be taxed, says Jaitley
- SC seeks law to regulate NGO funds
- SEBI to grant one licence to brokers, clearing members
- Reorient social sector subsidies: NITI Aayog
- Terrorism a challenge, says Jaitley
- A data glove for the speech-disabled
- Finally, NASA’s super balloon lifts off to collect near space data
- ‘India has potential for $1 trillion worth of sustainable business opportunities’
Note: To read news articles, click on the below given titles.
Slamming a tendency in the country to evade taxes, the Supreme Court referred to the mandatory linking of Aadhaar to the Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Income Tax returns as an instance of the government’s efforts to bring “new and new laws to stop leakages.”
17 Western Ghats species have smaller ranges than what experts at IUCN estimated
It is not neglect but systemic issues that require them to take up other tasks, says study across 6 States
Pulls up authorities for failing’ to check encroachments on the water body
PIL plea says authorities not providing adequate relief in drought-hit areas
Several practitioners say medicines made without strict quality checks could affect patients, urge caution
Bid to avoid row over farmers’ issue
Finds new guidelines insufficient for systematising accreditation, fund utilisation and audit of NGOs
Unified licence will allow trading in equities, commodities
India’s social sector subsidies should be reoriented so that beneficiaries don’t become dependent on them, the NITI Aayog said.
Cautions against making distinctions between good and bad terrorists
Device made at IIT-Madras features 15 sensors that help gather data on kinematics or hand motion
Designed to detect ultra-high energy cosmic particles from beyond the galaxy as they penetrate the earth’s atmosphere, the balloon is expected to circle the planet two or three times.
According to Lise Kingo, CEO and Executive Director of the United Nations Global Compact.